Role: Semi-senior Accountant
- A talented and ambitious Semi-senior Accountant is required to join a friendly team within a growing reputable firm in Iver.
- The successful candidate will ideally, but not necessarily, be part qualified and will have gained good general practice experience including accounts preparation, bookkeeping, personal tax, corporate tax, payroll and VAT work.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Accounts Preparation from incomplete records to partner review for a variety of business types including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Accounts Preparation from client software, eg Sage, Quickbooks etc to partner review for a variety of business types including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Preparing personal and corporate tax returns including CT600’s and self-assessment returns.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
Preparing monthly management accounts
- Preparing and filing VAT returns and EC Sales lists
- Preparing and filing CIS returns and verifying subcontractors for CIS.
- Experience in client facing aspect of business, answering phone calls and emails, filing, bookkeeping, administering payroll and End of Year Returns, maintaining sales and purchase ledger.
- Processing journals, reconciling bank accounts and invoice finance and factor accounts, reconciling balance sheet accounts and maintaining nominal ledger and fixed asset register.
- Their previous experience would also have covered a variety of things, including calculating foreign currency gains and losses, calculating and providing for accruals and prepayments, and dealing with inter-company balances.
- Undertaking financial admin duties on behalf of clients, extending and shortening accounting periods, manually calculating SSP and SMP, using Government Gateway and HMRC portal and liaising with HMRC.
Salary Indicator £neg – based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Driving Licence: Yes but not essential
IT Skills:Experience in the use of IRIS Practice Suite, Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll, Microsoft Office including MS Excel. In addition, experience of Quickbooks and Cloud-based accounting packages such as Clearbooks, Quickbooks Online and Xero would be valuable.