VACANCY FOR A BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
A talented and ambitious Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant is required to join a friendly team within a growing reputable firm of Chartered Accountants in Iver.
The successful candidate will have gained good general bookkeeping experience and will have experience in accounts preparation.
This position is viewed as a pathway to progress for the right candidate, at Keen Dicey Grover we care about developing ambitious individuals who are looking to pursue a career in the Accountancy profession.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Accounts preparation:
- for incomplete records
- from client software; eg Sage, Quickbooks etc
to partner review for a variety of business types including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- Confident user of Sage bookkeeping products
- Preparing and filing VAT returns and EC Sales lists
- General familiarity with VAT rules applicable to small businesses
- Previous experience in calculating foreign currency gains and losses, and dealing with inter-company balances.
- Financial administration duties on behalf of clients, using Government Gateway and HMRC portal and liaising with HMRC.
- Experience in client facing aspect of business:
- answering phone calls and emails,
- maintaining sales and purchase ledger.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Administering Payroll and End of Year Returns,
- Preparing and filing CIS returns and verifying subcontractors for CIS,
Experience in the use of Sage Line 50 and Sage One and Sage Payroll, IRIS Accountants’ Suite Products, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, Quickbooks and Cloud-based accounting packages such as Clearbooks, Quickbooks online Intacct and Xero would be valuable.
Salary Indicator for 35 hours per week : £20,000 – £24,000 based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Driving Licence: Yes but not essential
Please apply by contacting 01753 652098 or submitting a written CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Bathurst House, 50 Bathurst Walk, Iver, Bucks, SL0 9BH
Office Junior to Train as Accounts Assistant
Here at Keen Dicey Grover it is important to us that members of our team are able to develop their full potential in a supportive environment.
We are looking to augment our team by introducing a new role that allows an individual with no prior background or experience of working in a professional office environment, to initially gain experience and skills within our administration team, then to develop skills that will enable them to support our accounts and tax team and ultimately to train for a professional qualification with us.
It is really important to us that all members of our team feel fully supported in their role and applicants can be confident that they will receive full support and training to allow them to develop their skills and capabilities. No previous experience is necessary.
- A talented ambitious person is required to join a friendly team within a reputable firm in Iver
- The successful candidate will be keen to learn new skills of administration responsibilities and be an ambitious individual looking for a career in accountancy.
- Administrative activities such as mail management, photocopying, scanning,
- Maintain filing and update record management systems
- Answering and directing general enquiries via phone and email
- Management of office consumables stock levels
- Chasing clients for outstanding information
- Communicate and respond to client enquiries by email and phone
- Updating accounts onto the internal accounting system
- Processing sales and purchases invoices
- Assisting in processing payroll and submitting VAT returns
- Assisting with reviewing of expenses and payroll records
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Assisting with preparation of year end accounts
Ultimate goals and responsibilities:
- Preparation of clients bookkeeping records and VAT Returns
- Payroll Processing
- Preparation of Accounts
- Preparation of Personal Tax Returns
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is self motivated and driven
- Has the ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Is bright and enthusiastic
IT systems used are:
Location: Richings Park, Iver, Buckinghamshire
Working Hours: 9.15 – 5.15. with an hour for lunch
“If this role is of interest please email Judith@kdg.co.uk with a letter of application or, alternatively, send a letter of application to our postal address here in Iver”